Monday, February 9, 2015

How to Make Money in a small Blog Part 2: Affiliate Marketing

How to Make Money in a small Blog Part 2: Affiliate Marketing

Part of this series was about my least favorite technique of making money for a small blog. In the second part we jump right to my favorite: affiliate marketing!

For those of you who do not know, affiliate marketing is what is called when you arrange with a brand that if your product is linked, and that the results of the goods in a sale, you receive a commission. Some brands pay for "leaders" which does not necessarily require a sale, but for most of the time is as simple as "the blogger is cut."

Affiliate marketing has made me the greater portion of my income. It is not the most effective method in time, because it is hard work, but it was worth it for me.

I use a number of different affiliate programs. I made the most money through Share-a-sale, because it is a market where you can work with hundreds of top brands like zulily, Julep, Shutterfly, Hootsuite, and more, and the minimum payment is Only $ 50 for ALL your various brands combined. There are other markets like him, like Impact Radio, but I have seen the most success withShare-a-Sale and highly recommend them.

The next largest subsidiary of money for me is Amazon. In theory, installation is much better: the minimum payout is only $ 10, a commission on sales of click-through provides not only the product has been linked to, you get and you have access to almost any product Amazon has to offer. While this is truly amazing, the only drawback is that their standards are ... well, terrible, in my opinion. A post spam tends to look when a small yellow box products Amazon in it, then another option is just a plain text link. I think if Amazon allows users to produce their own banner ads or even allowed to vendors who produce their own home banner ads would be more lucrative.

To be clear, the Amazon affiliate program is definitely worth using, I would not trust him throughout his income.

Another way to use affiliate marketing is to work directly with brands. You'd be surprised how many brands have launched an affiliate program! I spent an afternoon bouncing around the web sites of some of my favorite brands and found a good percentage had information about your program linked at the bottom of your website (usually says "Affiliates" or something similar). I work with VeganCuts, world market, Apple, and a number of other brands in this way.

If your place is something like, for example, "the popular electronic music," you may have much success working with Apple to sell songs you like, or could succeed with Joss & Main if you blog on furniture or decoration. I have had only a minor success so far with individual brands affiliate programs, but I feel there is much potential there.

This is the second part of the How to Make Money in a small series Blog! Today we will talk about affiliate marketing.

No comments:

Post a Comment